Team MOrthern Colorado has raised over $400 for prostate and testicular cancer research. We are almost half-way to our goal of $1000 for our team, which is good. Hopefully, as the mustaches are beginning to take shape, many people will become inspired to donate. If you would like to help our team reach our goal by making a donation, please go HERE. Every dollar counts and every dollar is important.
Relatively speaking, my MO is coming in quite nicely. When I first participated in MOvember four years ago, I didn't have this much growth for the entire month. In fact, back then, most people couldn't see the mustache until Thanksgiving. Not so this year. This year it has some nice color and texture. See for yourself.
Which brings me to this week's Update Topic: Mustaches That Inspire Me.
These are the men and mustaches that have inspired me to take up this quest to grow a soup strainer.
- Charlie Chaplin
- Ron Burgundy
- Freddie Mercury
- Helen Thomas
- Giraldo Rivera
- Craig "The Walrus" Stadler
- Mike Ditka
- SNL's "Super Fans" (you know, "Da Bears!")
- Graucho Marx
- Tom Sellek
- Rollie Fingers
- Gene Shallot
- Mike "Fluff" Cowan
- Hulk Hogan
- Alex Trebek
9) Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band era Beatles
8) Consumer reporter, investigative journalist, author, libertarian columnist, and television news-magazine anchor John Stossel
7) Theoretical physicist, philosopher, and author Albert Einstein
6) Gunfighter, lawman, and gambler Wild Bill Hickok
5) Late 80s and early 90s baseball players.
(Picture borrowed from my favorite baseball card blog Night Owl's Cards).
4) Radio personality Bob Kevoian (Incidentally, Bob's mustache was born on June 18, 1969)
3) Detective Dan Stark from television's "The Good Guys"
2) From the Pawnee Parks and Recreation Department, Ron Swanson
1) Postal worker, former volunteer fire department Chief, mechanic and handyman, woodworker and carpenter, youth basketball and baseball coach, church leader, hunter and fisherman, outdoorsman, golfer, photographer, and, most importantly, my Dad.
I hope to one day be able to grow half the mustaches that these men have grown.