Saturday, February 13, 2010

Seven Years

Tomorrow marks the day that I met my wife seven years ago.  Seven years should seem like a long time, but it seems like it was just last week.

It was a Friday, and my friend Brian and I were going to meet our mutual friend Michelle for our weekly lunch at Wendy's.  All three of us were attending CSU-Pueblo in the education department, and we somehow had fallen into the habit of meeting up at the Wendy's on Elizabeth Ave across from the K-Mart every Friday.  Usually Michelle brought along another one of our classmates, April, but this particular Friday, Michelle called Brian and said she was bringing her roommate.

And then they walked in, and I was hooked.  I watched them as they ordered (Brian and I were already seated) and paid special attention to Rach.  When they had their food and came to sit with us, Rach sat next to me, and I couldn't bring myself to make eye-contact with her, as I was too intimidated with her striking beauty.  Luckily, she was attracted to me enough to overlook my shyness and awkwardness, and, we were soon dating.

(Our first picture together)

So, to my Buddy, I'd like to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day and I couldn't be happier that Dave Thomas decided to start a burger joint and then franchised these restaurants and then one was opened in at a convenient location in Pueblo in comparison to the college and they provided a quality product at a reasonable price.  You're my kindred spirit and I know in my heart of hearts that the next seven years will be amazing. 

I love you. 
 ______________________________________________________________
Favorite song on iPod shuffle:  "40 Dogs (Like Romeo and Juliet)" by Bob Schneider
Looking forward to: watching my cousin Lauren play volleyball at the President's Day Volleyball Classic at the Qwest Center tomorrow.
Thinking back on:  all the wonderful memories I have about my Grandma Eva.  She was recently moved into a nursing home after spending the past few months living with my parents, but her health had diminished to a point where they could no longer provide adequate care for her.  My friend, and their pastor, Clint has a beautiful post about his recent visits with her, and it was a wonderful reminder of how lucky I am to have such an amazing woman as a Grandma.

2 comments:

  1. I will kill you for this while you sleep: "You're my kindred spirit and I know in my heart of hearts." Watch your lame back. -Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, boy am I glad we were in the teaching program together! Love this post and the reply from Rach!

    Mich

    ReplyDelete