Saturday, August 21, 2010

2008 UD Baseball Heroes rainbow


I am 95% sure I have completed the rainbow for the 2008 UD Baseball Heroes set (although the checklist claims there is a seriel numbered to 10 beige autograph card, so I'll keep my eyes open for it).

The cards I have are:

Charcoal autograph -- 21/50
Aqua -- 83/99 (received in the mail today)
Navy Blue -- 34/199
Red -- 172/249 (received in the mail yesterday)
Gold -- 283/299
Charcoal -- 205/399
Green -- 6/499
Black
Beige

Collecting a "rainbow" of parallels didn't really exist when I was a kid, as there were usually only one or two parallels in a set (usually gold and/or silver).  Had a set like this Baseball Heroes set been around when I was 10 yrs old, I know I would have spent a fortune buying boxes and packs of these cards, trying to track down all of the different colors for my favorite players.  These types of serial numbered parallel sets are a huge improvement over the junk wax era in which I grew up. 

__________________________________________________________________

SONG:  There is a Fatboy Slim greatest hits album on sale on Amazon that I'm pondering buying.  Its full of songs I know, but I can't decide if I'll ever listen to them over and over (thereby making it worth the purchase price).  Since I'm indifferent on the choice, I'll just enjoy Fatboy Slim's best music video for free (and it's a very good song to boot). 

No comments:

Post a Comment