Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mail Bag

A few recent arrivals.

I added my fifth 1/1 card to my collection recently.  This one is a 2007 Bowman Chrome Yellow Printing Plate.  This is my favorite printing plate because it's the only one I have where the card picture is the mirror image of the regular cards.  The other "printing plate" cards that I own have the same picture as the regular cards, which makes me think they weren't actually used in the making of the other cards. 


I bought these two cards together (along with a duplicate red jersey card, for a total of 3 cards in the lot).  I was excited to get both jersey colors at the same time.  They are both 2004 SP Prospects National Honors Jersey cards.  These cards are the oldest jersey cards that I own. 



This final card is a 2007 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Aspirations card which is serial numbered 31/100.  It is hard to see from the scans, but this card is die-cut, which chunks cut out of each side in the shape of the background pattern.  This is the only die-cut card in my collection so far.

With these additions, my collection is now at 111 cards.  I'm getting there slowly but surely.  (I agree, but quit calling me Shirley!)

No comments:

Post a Comment